2) onion, chopped
3) teaspoon each of ground cumin
and ground turmeric
4) tablespoon of tomato purée
5) potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks
6)Water (1/2 to 1 cup)
7) cup of peas ( fresh or frozen )
8) salt ( about 1/2 a teaspoon)
Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook gently until soft. Add the spices and tomato purée stirring to combine. Add potatoes and stir to mix. Add about half a cup of water and cover. Cook for fifteen minutes stirring occasionally. Add more water if needed. Add peas, stir, and simmer another five minutes. Add a little salt if needed. Serve with roti or rice.
Mum and family you should try it because it tastes nice in a different way to others.